Kyiv, Київська, Ukraine
15 days ago
Wargaming Kyiv is currently working on a very cool unannounced next-gen project powered by Unreal Engine.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to reinforce our compact Kiev core team with an excellent Metagame / Systems Designer. As we are still in the early stage of development, you will be able to take part in most important designs and decisions and do the entire development cycle from conception to live-ops.
What will you do?
Your job: collaboratively design and oversee the implementation of the entire Metagame User Experience, consisting of Progression, Economy, Customization, Monetization, Meta-UIs, Matchmaking, Events (including necessary changes to the Core Loop).
You may be an aspiring junior with a strong background, or you may be a guru veteran who personally invented the Battle Pass. Depending on your strengths we will be able to accommodate and adjust your role accordingly. That said, we expect that you have at least several (the more, the better) strong points:
- You designed some of the meta subsystems mentioned above for one or several released hi-quality F2P games (regardless of platform)
- You tended and modified meta subsystems in live ops for a AAA game; you were responsible for KPIs like retention and revenues; you believe you have enough knowledge and experience to transform your ideas into impactful and trendy next-gen designs
- You are a team player; you have experience working as a feature owner in a multifunctional feature team within AAA-project, and you can professionally talk, understand, persuade, and be persuaded by your fellow colleagues of all walks of life (developers, game and level designers, UI/UX-people, producers, analytics, QA)
- You are an avid gamer; you play and enjoy a lot of AAA PC/Console titles that follow F2P or game-as-a-service paradigm. You regularly spend money on IAPs, and you understand the driving factors behind payment decisions (both your own, and of other players).
- You are totally not alien to mobile games and have ideas on how to bring metagame and monetization techniques used in mobile to PC/Console; you also have ideas how to make Battle Pass better, even if you are not that very same veteran guru who invented it :)
- You are able to switch between Mathematical/Analytical approach and Intuitive/Creative approach; respectfully, you can both show excellence in modelling economies or doing data analysis, as well as charisma in reasoning and visionary skills
- Wild shot, but we will be very impressed if you have a degree or a proven record of additional training in the following areas: Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or Psychology
We don’t yet have cookies, but we will make them together, for our players.
We may consider remote work until the end of 2020, but eventually we will need you with the team on site (Kiev).
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!