Game Designer - Systems
1 month ago
Volley develops voice-controlled games and entertainment for Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
We are seeking a Game Designer to join us in exploring the exciting new frontier of gaming through Smart Assistants. As industry leaders, we want you to help elevate our games to new heights by designing systems and experiences that will help keep players engaged.
You'll be working across some of our unreleased and top titles, including Song Quiz and Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader to design progression, meta-game, and social systems that delight our players.
We’re looking for someone who is excited to explore the endless possibilities of gaming on voice-controlled devices. You'll have the unique opportunity to become an industry-leading expert on the platform, and to design joyful experiences that have never been seen before on Alexa or Google Assistant.
We are already the top entertainment company on Amazon Alexa and we are looking to expand our lead. If you're a creative, detail oriented game designer looking for a new, exciting challenge, get in touch.
What you'll do
- Design and develop meta-game systems that motivate players and reward them for continual progress in our games
- Design systems that take advantage of the unique smart speaker platform to engage players.
- Continually assess opportunities for improving the user experience
- Assist in voice design; writing the conversation that executes the system you've designed
- Collaborate side-by-side with engineers to bring your designs to life
- Collaborate with user experience designers and data scientists to make sure our games continue to be leaders in the field
Stuff you may have done before
- At least 3 years experience as a professional game designer
- Experience designing meta-game, progression, onboarding, or social systems
- History of successful feature ownership in fast paced teams, managing tradeoffs between goals and execution.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to accurately convey complex designs to other team members
- Experience working in small, fast paced teams a plus
- Experience designing for platforms which are unique or were emerging at the time.
- Curiosity and excitement about the potential for voice gaming
We're a small team that enjoys working together. Depending on the global pandemic situation, we love coming together over Zoom happy hours, team lunches, in-house smash bros tournaments, and the occasional karaoke session. If this sounds like fun, please get in touch!