8 days ago
Unknown Worlds is seeking an accomplished game designer to work on Subnautica and new game franchises. The ideal candidate will have experience working on multiple aspects of game design, such as: mechanics, systems design, UI/UX design, narrative design, creative direction, theory. This is a remote position in a fully remote studio
- Work with the Subnautica franchise team on post launch support and development.
- Provide design support & feedback as needed to other projects in development.
- Participate in ongoing R&D and project ideation via designing and implementing gameplay prototypes.
- Develop and own complex game systems; tune & balance gameplay systems and game economies.
- Document features and design specs as needed
- 5+ years game industry or creative development experience.
- Contributed to design of multiple titles, ideally spanning multiple genres and platforms. Has shipped at least 1 commercial title.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly collaborative, self motivated & self-aware.
- Experience working with small, inclusive multi-disciplinary teams in an agile manner.
- Unity experience recommended but not required.
- Experience in a design leadership role or ambition to grow into one.