8 days ago
The incumbent will develop the game systems, controls, and interfaces, and the interactive elements based on the vision of the creative director and on the world systems.
- Understand the intentions of the creative director for the player so as to design systems that are in keeping with the vision and in line with the open systems in the game;
- Define the skills that the player must possess and their efficiency in overcoming the various obstacles;
- Adjust the game systems so that the player is able to establish strategies without any of them being more dominant than another or useless;
- Formalize and document the systems in order to communicate them to the programming and design teams;
- Describe the basic game situations (skills vs. obstacles) so as to collaborate with the level design team in establishing the levels of difficulty;
- Work in collaboration with the level design team so as to create the typical game situations that will be used in the levels;
- Work on control ergonomics and menu functionality principles;
- Update the team’s design documents;
- Verify that the systems that are developed are coherent with the work of the key specialities within the team;
- Carry out all of the adjustments so as to facilitate game and system control and understanding;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in design;
- Experience designing systems for an open world online game is a must;
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles;
- Client focus (internal and external);
- Ability to accept critique, ability to listen;
- Excellent critical sense;
- Excellent communicator (spoken and written) and good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 300 employees from 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.