This job might no longer be available.
10 days ago
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
The incumbent will develop the game systems, controls, and interfaces, and the interactive elements based on the vision of the creative director and on the world systems.
- Understand the intentions of the creative director for the player so as to design systems that are in keeping with the vision and in line with the open systems in the game;
- Define the skills that the player must possess and their efficiency in overcoming the various obstacles;
- Adjust the game systems so that the player is able to establish strategies without any of them being more dominant than another or useless;
- Formalize and document the systems in order to communicate them to the programming and design teams;
- Describe the basic game situations (skills vs. obstacles) so as to collaborate with the level design team in establishing the levels of difficulty;
- Work in collaboration with the level design team so as to create the typical game situations that will be used in the levels;
- Work on control ergonomics and menu functionality principles;
- Update the team’s design documents;
- Verify that the systems that are developed are coherent with the work of the key specialties within the team;
- Carry out all of the adjustments so as to facilitate game and system control and understanding;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Experience designing systems for an open world online game is a must;
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles;
- Client focus (internal and external);
- Ability to accept critique, ability to listen;
- Excellent critical sense;
- Excellent communicator (spoken and written) and good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we’re super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones! Our other notable works include every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.