Milan Lombardy it
7 days ago
Ubisoft Milan is looking for a Game Designer to be involved in the production of an AAA title. The Game Designer will be in charge of creating unique and unforgettable experiences, following the creative direction. The Game Designer will help define and implement game systems within the scope of the project, making sure to capture the gameplay feel, while still being fun and accessible.
- pitch, design and prototype core game systems;
- being responsible for implementing approved designs within the editor;
- create and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines;
- contribute to the handling, gameplay, and mechanics setup;
- collaborate with the team to ensure the implementation of systems into actual gameplay, maintaining the overall balance between multiple gameplay systems;
- prioritize and meet deadlines, document and communicate progress, participate in design meetings.
- implement, balance and bug fix gameplay features, overseeing them from concept to final implementation;
- Play-test and QA prototypes.
- previous experience as Game or Level Designer in the video game industry;
- passion, knowledge and a strong interest in a wide range of video games;
- demonstrated ability to effectively document original ideas and concepts;
- deep knowledge of rules and mechanics of gameplay;
- strong creative skills and ability to analyze with critical judgment gameplay systems;
- strong interpersonal skills - able to interact with team members of different disciplines;
- task driven, good time management and problem-solving skills, as well as strong analysis and communication;
- proficient in English, both spoken and written;
- working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
As a bonus:
- familiarity with scrum and Rational Game Design methodology;
- technical background in programming or scripting;
- experience with 3D softwares and level building tools;
- knowledge of UX Design.