13 days ago
As a game designer at Torn Banner, you will be responsible for the ownership of a varied range of game features, and see them through all stages of development - design, prototyping, implementation, and balancing. As designer, you are part of the nexus between creative project leadership and the wider team, and will be working directly with all departments of the team to communicate your features' vision, to write and maintain feature documentation, and to drive implementation and iteration.
In your design work, you will be focusing on bringing together artistic creativity, style, and game feel, with scientific and technical substance, in order to forge engaging and robust game features for a modern multiplayer action game.
- Relevant professional experience in Game Design
- Experience in system design and content design, ideally in multiplayer action games
- A strong understanding of multiplayer TPS/FPS games, and a passion for video games in general
- Strong interpersonal communication and documentation skills
- Willingness to move to Toronto or authorized to work in Canada
- Shipped products on both PC and console platforms
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and UE4's blueprint system
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platform
Benefits & Perks
- Bonus Structure
- 4.5 weeks paid vacation
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly happy hour
- Healthcare & benefits
Torn Banner Studios welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Torn Banner studios recently launched Chivalry 2, the sequel to our multi-million copy selling original. We are a small independent video game studio of around 60 developers in Toronto and we love creating innovative new experiences that focus on challenge and fun.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.