Game Content Designer
17 days ago
Storm8 is looking for a Game Content Designer to help shape the world and stories of our games such as Castle Story, Farm Story 2, and Bakery Story. We’re searching for someone who’s passionate about storytelling, concepting, and user experience. As a member of our team, you will work collaboratively with Product, Engineering, Art, Designers and cross-functional teams to build, launch, and analyze game content and features.
- Concept and design narrative, characters, event structures, and in-game items for limited-time events, core content, and features.
- Collaborate with artists to bring concepts to life through art requests and feedback.
- Setup and test content using a SQL database and Google Spreadsheet tools.
- Iterate and improve designs based on event performance and player feedback.
- Maintain the highest level of quality, with exceptional attention paid to theme, user experience, and the needs of our players.
- Communicate submission process, requirements, and status updates to stakeholders; collaborate with multiple disciplines to surface and resolve issues.
- Ensure quality through verification and testing of newly implemented content and features.
- Champion user-experience with superior judgment to decide if game features meet the quality bar, and collaborate with others to improve the overall product.
- Collaborate across disciplines to ensure content and features are providing the user and business return expected.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has 2+ years of game industry related experience.
- Passion for games, especially ours, with a deep understanding of what makes mobile games fun, current best practices, and emerging marketing trends.
- Experience playing our invest express titles such as Castle Story, Farm Story 2, and Bakery Story.
- Has an understanding of game design fundamentals.
- Familiar with giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Uses data and feedback to analyze and improve player experience.
- Works closely with other designers and disciplines in a highly collaborative, agile environment.
- Is self-starter and driven.
- Very detail-oriented.
- Organized in design process from concept to implementation.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/BA in a quantitative field or equivalent experience in the mobile games industry.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with SQL / Database entry
- Narrative Design
- Scripting languages