This job might no longer be available.
11 days ago
As a Game Designer with Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI), you’re a talented, passionate individual with at least 3 years of industry experience in game design. You have demonstrable hands-on experience designing systems and balancing gameplay mechanics as well as a strong literacy in game design and the ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas in both written and verbal forms is key. You’re a naturally flexible, collaborative individual who is excited to work closely with art and programming teams to achieve excellent results. Additionally, you’re able to examine pipelines and workflows and suggest actionable improvements.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with a Lead Designer and Creative Director to deliver on the creative vision for the project;
- Help evangelize and communicate the design vision to the team;
- Collaborate with the Design team on developing, building, tuning and documenting gameplay mechanics to final quality;
- Tune and balance gameplay mechanics;
- Work with art and programming disciplines to achieve project goals;
- Maintain high proficiency in workflows and pipelines, collaborating to improve tools and methodologies;
- Ensure a high level of quality in all aspects of your work;
- Take initiative in problem-solving and collaborating as needed to facilitate effective resolutions;
- Help liaison between the design team and QA.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 2 to 3 years experience as a game designer;
- Shipped at least 1 title as a game designer;
- Experience tuning a complex gameplay system;
- Demonstrable expertise in game mechanics design and tuning;
- Experience with Word, Excel, Photoshop;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate ideas clearly;
- Ability to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks;
- A naturally self-driven demeanor, taking initiative when needed – demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Willingness to push the envelope and innovate within game parameters;
- Passion about gaming and striving to improve the quality of games;
- A positive attitude and a great team-player.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.