This job might no longer be available.
19 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Game Designer to join a new project in Barcelona.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
We are in the early stages of development on an ambitious, unannounced Strategy/MMO title, creating a team of talented and passionate game makers to join us on this exciting journey!
What You’ll Do
We are seeking a passionate Combat Designer to join us in the early stages of development. You will be part of developing the game’s core. Working within a small, experienced team, you will be responsible for pushing boundaries within the genre.
- Work with Design leadership to establish the game’s core combat loop
- Iterate on internal prototypes
- Take ownership of features and closely cooperate with dev, UI, UX and Art in order to ensure their best implementation
- Evaluate the state of the combat system and proactively come up with improvements in gameplay, mechanics and balancing
- Define Abilities and Ability combinations that allow players to make smart decisions
- Research and stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices in turn-based combat games, ARPGs, and MMOs
What We’re Looking For
- Mid to senior level of experience as a Combat Designer
- Excellent understanding of turn-based combat systems
- Solid grasp of ability combinations, builds, and synergy effects
- Appreciation for balancing
- Excellent rapid prototyping skills
- A deep passion for playing and making games
- A team player who emphasizes collaboration and welcomes feedback
- Self-directed individual with strong process, time management and organizational skills
- A proactive and expert communicator who can clearly communicate design concepts and the ability to develop lasting and productive relationships
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.