Pipeworks is excited to offer a game designer the rare opportunity to work on an upcoming CCG, Magic: Spellslingers in direct collaboration with Wizards of the Coast.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of and love for CCGs, deck - builders , and the systemic and numeric balancing act required for e ach . This role will contribute directly to the project through card implementation while collaborating with stakeholders and clients across disciplines and projects.
Although professional game development experience is preferred , candidates with academic and amateur portfolios – or other related game industry experience – are welcome to apply.
T he title for this position will range from Associate Designer to Game Designer I based on candidate experience.
This will begin as a Full Time Temporary position with the potential and goal to convert to a Full Time Regular role after 6 months.
The person chosen for the role will be provided with necessary equipment and software while we work remotely due to COVID-19.
Essential Job Functions
● Collaboratively design, implement, test, and balance card designs for a competitive CCG within a proprietary tool
● Work directly with internal and external stakeholders to realize system and content design
● Create functional design documentation to support any UX or other in-game requirements
● Some travel, conditions permitting, may be required for projects
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Current/up-to-date experience in Unity, Unreal, or equivalent, including source control
● Familiarity w/ Jira, Confluence , or equivalent task tracking and collaborative environments
● Good people skills
Demonstrated Ability To
● Show exceptional deductive reasoning skills
● Communicate effectively with all levels of staff , internally or externally
● Assist in solving problems in resourceful and beneficial ways
● Organize and communicate complex systems and data with an attention to detail
● Work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● Be flexible to changing priorities
● Ability to work remotely
Education & Experience
● Demonstrable amateur, academic, or professional work/portfolio
● Highly preferred: Code, script, blueprint or other visual scripting experience
● Ability to work with and manage large data sets
● Experience with Node Canvas
● 2+ years relevant work experience in Game Design (traditional or digital)
● 1+ titles shipped as a game designer (dependent on project scale)
● E xperience in a Live Ops environment including the ongoing implementation of features and content