This job might no longer be available.
13 days ago
Gameloft Sofia is hiring a Game Designer to strengthen its creative design team.
As a Game Designer you will participate in the designing process of one of our game, defining the gameplay rules and creating the most compelling experiences. In this role, you will propose and design fresh ideas and supervise their implementation during production. You will also be responsible for part of the game’s documentation and its overall quality.
Your main responsibilities:
- Propose ideas that fit the game’s setting, production scope, technical requirements, limitations, and game genre.
- Write the necessary documentation (diagrams, UI mock-ups, presentations) to support the game’s features.
- Maintain the documentation up to date.
- Integrate new features and mechanics in the game.
- Coordinate with other departments throughout the features development cycle and make sure that they meet Gameloft’s quality standards.
- Double-check all data added to the game for quality and conformity.
- Spread the game’s vision to the other team members.
- Help improve the overall usability and user experience to the highest standards
- You have at least 2 years of experience in the game industry working as a game designer, preferably on mobile games.
- You are fond of strategy games and understand their inner mechanisms
- You have shipped at least one game or have been involved in the Live-ops of one for more than a year.
- You have a strong understanding of game design concepts and the freemium model.
- You have well-channelled creativity and can propose fresh ideas.
- You regularly play mobile games (preferable freemium).
- You can express your ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- You are comfortable with the Microsoft Office suite or equivalent.
- You are a team player and a detailed-oriented person.
- You are eager to learn new things.
- You are able to break down big features into smaller tasks for implementation.
- You can adapt a feature’s scope based on production constraints and still achieve its design goals.
- You have a basic understanding of economic concepts.
- You have previously worked on a strategy game
- You have some knowledge of artistic tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator or other UI/Graphic software.
Why Join Gameloft?
- You want to work in an exceptional industry and create games downloaded more than 1 billion times per year.
- You want to be part of a talented and supportive team of pioneers who have a passion for creating video games.
- You want to contribute to a vibrant and dynamic atmosphere.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world.
- You will work on a permanent contract with competitive remuneration.
- You are looking for a fun place to work in the heart of the city (but for now you can remain safely working at home).
If you are interested in our job offer, please send a CV. Applications will be processed in confidentiality.
Join The Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®, Lamborghini® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 3,600 people worldwide. Every month, 70 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft for brands, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.