14 days ago
If you can understand the mechanics of a game and you can explain them. If you have ever spent hours arguing about game rules. If you look past the story and wonder what makes the game fun. If you can talk for hours of your passion: games. Then you might have what it takes to be a designer. Come and see. You'll be among your kind.
- Design the game mechanics, game systems and features that serve specific purposes and needs of a game project
- Write clear and concise game design specifications documents and maintain them thoroughly
- Balance and fine tune game systems
- Own the implementation of allocated systems and features, from concept phase up until live release
- Manage game design task allocation and delivery times
- Validate and synchronize game design specific elements with user data
- Work and coordinate with other team members
- Generate constructive feedback for various aspects of a game project
- At least two years work experience in a mobile game design role
- At least one launched title
- Ability to identify and describe various game design patterns used in games
- Excellent understanding of basic rules defining various game genres
- Good understanding of player motivations and gameplay drivers
- Good understanding of game industry current status and future trends
- Solid knowledge of gaming culture and f2p games
- Active player of games in diverse genres
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in in a team, including strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive and autonomous work approach
Considered a plus:
- Personal work on a game project or a game mod/map
Why join Gameloft?
What do you say about joining not just any gaming studio, but a dynamic powerhouse for extraordinary gaming experiences right in the Heart of Transylvania? Since August 2010, when we first opened our gates in Cluj-Napoca, we seem to have found the perfect ingredients to create the right work environment: cultural diversity, enthusiasm, boldness, mutual trust, kindness and a constant need for self-improvement.
Not only do we value work efficiency, but we also know the importance of corporate social responsibility. That is why we regularly get involved in various projects that help us give back to our community. More than that, we let our surroundings inspire us to great lengths. In just a couple of years, we became one of the central quality assurance studios in Gameloft. Nearly all Gameloft titles released over the last decade have been present in Cluj in the hands of our multi-talented Quality Assurance departments. We consider ourselves craftsmen of our respective trade and take pride in striving to achieve the best in our work, while also having fun and enjoying the ride. Our mission is to perfect our craft continuously and to create the best mobile gaming experiences, appreciated by our fans all over the world. We put the players ahead of anything else and we want our games to always provide the best experience, no matter the platform. Quality is our commitment.
Creating games in the heart of Transylvania gives us access to its cultural heritage and offers us a unique outlook towards the future. Our first in-house IP, Iron Blade Medieval Legends, is a perfect example: we blended classic RPG mechanics with an innovative control scheme, creating a true-to-life recreation of the best preserved medieval castles in Romania! How cool is that?
On top of that, being part of our team means access to various social benefits, including a medical insurance package, gym and swimming pool access and also on site cervical massages and eye exams. Our offer includes relocation assistance, a merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package with lots of career-development opportunities. Oh, and we have short Fridays, in order to allow our employees to invest in their hobbies.
So, are you ready to join the game and be a part of a dynamic,challenging and motivating working environment within a fast growing company? We are so looking forward to meeting you! Apply now if you think you are a good fit!
What Gameloft Cluj can offer you even more?
- Lunch tickets.
- Short Friday.
- Medical package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- A chance to work in a real multinational team.
- A modern office complex for when it will be safe to return, until then - complete WFH support.
Want to know more? Please visit our Website: www.gameloft.ro
Could you tell us your opinion about us by answering this Survey?
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.
Joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audience of 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partner with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ over 3,600 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?