Sofia Sofia City Province bg
3 days ago
Gameloft Sofia is hiring a Game Designer to strengthen its creative design team.
As a Game Designer you will participate in the designing process of one of our game, defining the gameplay rules and creating the most compelling experiences. In this role, you will propose and design fresh ideas and supervise their implementation during production. You will also be responsible for the game’s documentation and overall quality.
Your main responsibilities:
- Propose ideas that fit the game’s setting, production scope, technical requirements, limitations and game genre.
- Write the necessary documentation (diagrams, UI mock-ups, presentations) to support the game’s features.
- Maintain the documentation up to date.
- Integrate new features and mechanics in the game.
- Coordinate with other departments throughout the features’ development cycle and make sure that they meet Gameloft’s quality standards.
- Double-check all data added to the game for quality and conformity.
- Spread the game’s vision to the other team members.
- Help improve the overall usability and user experience to the highest standards
- You have at least 2 years of experience in the game industry, preferably on mobile games.
- You have shipped at least one game or have been involved in the Live-ops of one for more than a year.
- You have a strong understanding of game design concepts and freemium model.
- You have well-channelled creativity and can propose fresh ideas.
- You regularly play mobile games (preferable freemium).
- You can express your ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- You are comfortable with Microsoft Office suit.
- You are a team player and a detailed-oriented person.
- You are eager to learn new things.
- You are able to break down big features into smaller tasks for implementation.
- You can adapt a feature’s scope based on production constraints and still achieve its design goals.
- You have a basic understanding of economic concepts.
- You have some experience in level design.
- You have some knowledge of artistic tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator or other UI/Graphic software.
Why Join Gameloft?
- You want to work in exceptional industry and create games downloaded more than 1 billion times per year.
- You want to be part of a talented and supportive team of pioneers who have a passion for creating video games.
- You want to contribute to a vibrant and dynamic atmosphere.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world.
- You will work on a permanent contract with competitive remuneration.
- You are looking for a fun place to work in the heart of the city.
- Health insurance coverage, Meal vouchers
- Game rooms, relaxation zone, office massage, bike stand
- Studio location at the heart of the city with easy access to mass transportation and some of the best places to eat and drink around.
If you are interested in our job offer, please send us a Cover Letter and a CV. Applications will be processed in confidentiality. All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.
Join The Game!
As a leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms with an audience of 114 million monthly users across the whole world. The company has 46 offices across 32 locations and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.