This job might no longer be available.
17 days ago
Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we'll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you're passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
You will play a critical role on a game development team during exploration of game features, delivery of games to market and operating games with live ops.
What you’ll achieve
- Designing, implementing, balancing and tuning content
- Delivering clear, concise, and thorough specifications to cross-functional teams responsible for implementing these features and content
- Document and share learnings
- You will become an expert in the systems and features you work on and become a resource to team members in your areas of mastery.
What you’ll need to be successful
- An understanding of fundamental design principles, metagame systems, game economies, and player psychology that allows you to design from first principles.
- Great sense for game balance, progression, and pacing and an exceptional attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for solving tough problems and strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to synthesize feedback from team members and rapidly iterate on designs.
- A natural curiosity and eagerness to learn - we believe this is essential to our ability to stay ahead of the market and value this over years of experience.
- We expect all team members to be students of their craft and the game spaces they’re working in.
- You should be educated on the latest trends and have a strong perspective on how they relate to our current and future projects regardless of your title or role.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.