Stockholm Stockholm County Sweden
5 days ago
We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
What does DICE look for?
We are now looking for a Game Designer with special interest in engagement features, in-game economics as well as systems for progression. You will be responsible for designing and implementing new content using existing systems. You will also be responsible for improving and extending on the existing systems to unlock new possibilities for even greater content.
The person we are looking for should have a passion for games and a good understanding of the players and their motivation. So, if you are looking for working with the very best in the industry and in a highly creative environment, send us your application today!
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with owners of other parts of the game to make sure the engagement systems follow the direction and work in harmony with the rest of the game
- Design and implement rewards, assignments and progression using the Frostbite Engine and other EA tools
- Guide technical designers and collaborate with other disciplines if your design needs support from other crafts
- Care about the player journey from beginner to master and beyond, always looking for what to do to engage
Required Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of AAA titles for consoles in the action or FPS genre
- Good understanding of the player, playstyle personas and their motivation
- Proven skills in engagement systems design
- Must have practical experience in game scripting (Kismet, Lua or similar)
- Excellent skills in Excel and analytics
- Thorough documentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong English is a must
Experience & Qualities Sought:
- Relevant education and diploma (Game Design, Computer Science, engineering etc)
- 2 + years of Design Experience
- 1 + years working with engagement design
- Experience in economics and conversion
- Understanding of current trends in gaming and in particular engagement mechanics in the Shooter genre
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and crossfit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP2.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Apply online with a resume and cover letter. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.