18 days ago
Chromatic Games, the creators of the Dungeon Defenders franchise, is looking for a motivated mid-level Game Designer! They will work with our Design team, ushering in our new and ongoing projects such as Dungeon Defenders: Awakened with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and grow.
YOU may be a great fit to join our team! We’re seeking a designer that champions the creation of gameplay and features from a given concept to completion. In this position, you’ll work closely with other departments to achieve design goals and ensure the project’s vision comes to fruition. Your mission is to create world class designs and features to breathe life into the toony, fantasy world of Etheria – all while crafting the best gameplay experience possible for players.
Remote Work: Hybrid work model preferred. However we give consideration to individuals of unique abilities.
- Work with our world class designers to deliver our team’s vision.
- Create balance that focuses on fun gameplay and engagement.
- Take ownership of your work to completion.
- Constantly improve and advocate for best design and production practices.
- Work with designers on creating flexible content that meets design parameters.
- Deliver high quality content in a timely manner.
- Highly motivated to contribute to a fun and positive working environment.
- At least 2 years industry experience in game design.
- Passion and knowledge of RPGs and/or Tower Defense.
- Knowledge of the Dungeon Defenders franchise and its gameplay.
- Game design is communicated clearly with well-written documentation.
- Strong Communication skills, both written and verbally, with an ability to thrive in a highly collaborative setting.
- Self-motivated towards creatively solving problems.
- Your resume must include a link to an online portfolio with examples of your most relevant work.
- Experience with Unreal Development, especially UE4.
- Experience with Unreal Engine’s Gameplay Ability System plugin.
- Experience with UI/UX design.
- Bachelor’s in Game Design.
- Comprehensive health package for full time employees.
- A casual, vibrant, and friendly work environment.
- Flexibility to start your work day at a time that best fits your personal schedule. Required to work eight hours a day, with core hours being 11AM to 5PM.
- Profit Sharing Options with tenure.
- Stock Options.
- Unlimited PTO and two weeks off around new years when the studio goes on holiday break.
If all of this sounds like something you want to be a part of, joining a cohesive team that likes to have fun while being professionals, then let us know. Send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Chromatic Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a notice to our firstname.lastname@example.org email.
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Chromatic Games and the country where you work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.