Game Designer - [The Settlers] (f/m/d)
13 days ago
We are developing and operating one of the most successful F2P browser games of Ubisoft: The Settlers Online . The game is running for 10 years now, translated to over 15 languages and operating in numerous territories all over the world to entertain its’ very strong and dedicated fan base. To continue this success story for the years to come, we are looking for a Game Designer to join our awesome The Settlers Online team based in Düsseldorf.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is looking for a Game Designer (Economy, Progression, Live Ops) to join its highly successful F2P browser game The Settlers Online to design and balance F2P features, systems, events and mechanisms. Your main objective will be to develop features & events that improve the acquisition, retention, engagement, loyalty and monetization of our players.
- Designing gameplay, game features and regular events that ensure player acquisition, retention and monetization
- Producing the corresponding deliverables (Game Design documents and game feature presentations)
- Producing game content (e.g. missions including game objectives & story lines) and balance game pacing to ensure the long-term retention of players
- Designing user interfaces and tutorials
- Designing in-game events and seasonal content to keep the game experience fresh and interesting
- Working with artists and programmers to ensure the proper implementation of the game features designed
- Responding to feedback, analytics and test results in a constructive manner to improve on the designs
- Creating and maintaining living documentation for all game aspects
- Remaining up to date on industry trends including new game genres, design methods, game themes and mechanics
- At least 3 years’ experience in Game Design, ideally in a F2P gaming environment (browser, client or mobile)
- Expertise in UX, features design and event & content creation as well as experience in feature pacing & balancing
- Strong communication skills (both oral & written)
- Proactive and enthusiast team player, comfortable working within a small multi-disciplinary team
- First experience in leading & training junior Game Designers is a plus
- Passionate about playing and creating games (F2P games in particular)
- Fluent English (both spoken & written)
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Development Support: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, paid self-study hours and library.
- Free English and German; The business language in the studio is English. No German is required to work with us.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Gym Subsidy
- Monthly Travel Budget
- Discounted Ubisoft Games
- & more
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very international city close to the border of Germany famous for it's Japanese culture. With a Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine each year. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture. Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK and Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. A large Deer park offers a natural sanctuary for those needing a break from the city life. More rural and suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Assassin's Creed VR", "Splinter Cell VR" and many more.