This job might no longer be available.
Game Designer [Star Wars Project]
18 days ago
Your life at Ubi
As Game Designer at Ubisoft Bucharest, you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
Your main mission:
- Collaborate with the different leads and with the game team to develop strong gameplay mechanics, following the game’s creative vision;
- Prototype and iterate on core game mechanics to make the product’s vision come true;
- Participates in the creation of the gameplay and the game system;
- Seeks an innovative idea inside of a framework (license or editorial line) in order to differentiate the gameplay from one of the competitors;
- Defines all the ingredients of the game (characters /enemies, interactive objects, menus) and the different types of interactions possible between these elements (game system);
- Implement game content using in-house engine tools, and basic scripting.
The professional value you bring:
- Extensive knowledge of game mechanics;
- Ability to come up with suitable game mechanics that fall in line with the game’s vision;
- Iterate designs to create a great gameplay experience;
- Ability to both conceptualize, analyze and implement game ideas using various tools and technology;
- Knowledge of image editing (mocking up) tools is a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of game edition’s tools is a plus;
The personal value you bring:
- Excellent video game culture and knowledge of games;
- High level of creativity;
- Proactively find problems with the gameplay and come up with solutions.
What do we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- Bonus scheme based both on individual and company’s performance
- World Class Bronze free subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our offices in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.