Game Designer (Progression and Economy) - SENIOR
Québec City Québec ca
20 days ago
As a Game Economy Designer at Ubi Québec, you strategically structure the economic systems and supporting features of an online game, plus provide data-backed recommendations on design, balance, and pricing. You create and operate an open economy informed by facts. As a solution-oriented designer, you respond to opinions, analytics, and test results with suggestions for improvement. By leveraging real player data and gathering feedback, you make informed choices to deliver an engaging overall live-game experience not only now, but well into the future.
What you’ll do
- Design flexible economy systems and features (progression & reward structures, currencies, sinks & sources etc.) aligned with the creative, game, and monetization directions.
- Work closely with the monetization team to come up with pricing strategies for items, events, and services.
- Create game economy simulations and evaluate their performance & their impact on player experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate your designs.
- Balance and adapt your work based on technical and production constraints, play test results, and comments from cross-functional teams.
- Write and maintain design documentation that will serve as a reference to guide interdependent teams.
- Provide your input on in-game content and pricing + come up with suggestions to refine designs.
- Develop a plan for collecting and evaluating player feedback, post-launch.
- Assess the impacts of adding, removing, or updating content on player engagement.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Game Design, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in design, economics, or related experience (live/online game development a huge plus)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel + basic familiarity with game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) *
- An innovative, creative, and collaborative spirit
- Critical thinking, curiosity, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- An understanding of player motivation & a passion video games
*Knowledge of data visualization software (e.g. Tableau) and scripting languages, an asset
What to send our way
Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Please feel free to send us a portfolio of your previous work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website).
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 500 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences. After collaborating on Assassin’s Creed since 2010, the Quebec team has successfully assumed the leadership of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and is now working on Gods N Monsters, which is scheduled for release in 2020.