Game Designer (Progression) SENIOR
16 days ago
As a Game Designer in progression at Ubi Québec, you'll be the creative energy behind a specific set of game systems and mechanics.You provide players with tools to build unique gameplay experiences and opportunities to make meaningful choices.
You go through an iterative, hands-on process of adjusting and balancing your design as you bring it from concept to playability. Throughout production, you shift your focus from the big picture to the micro details; tackling hurdles in development and stepping back to asses how all the pieces connect and affect each other. You tweak and tune until it finally happens: a smooth and engaging player experience emerges.
What you’ll do
- Design player progression systems (equipment, behaviour tree, combat formula, etc.) and any other progression system related to naval, companions, camp, etc.
- Design the game economy (type of ressources, use, location, etc)
- Balance and adapt your work based on technical and production constraints, play test results, and comments from cross-functional teams.
- Write and maintain design documentation that will serve as a reference to guide interdependent teams.
- Balance the game (player, enemy, equipment statistics, etc.)
- Manage the game income and the cost (unlock, upgrade, etc.)
- Work closely with the monetization team to determine the content of the store and participate in the development of pricing strategies
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Game Design, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Experience in design, economics, or related experience (live/online game development a huge plus)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel + basic familiarity with game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) *
- An innovative, creative, and collaborative spirit
- Critical thinking, curiosity, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- An understanding of player motivation & a passion video games
- Deep knowledge of Action RPG/Open World AAA games as Immortals Fenyx Rising or Assassin's Creed or any other relevant and recent game.
*Knowledge of data visualization software (e.g. Tableau) and scripting languages, an asset
What to send our way
Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Please feel free to send us a portfolio of your previous work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website).
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey !
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team has just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.