Game Designer, Pokémon GO
San Francisco, California, United States
19 days ago
We are looking for a talented Game Designer to join the Pokémon GO team, with an emphasis on feature development.
- Concept, define, test, and tune game mechanics for new features and improvements to existing features in Pokémon GO to keep the game fresh and interesting for players.
- Collaborate with IP holders to ensure brand integrity.
- Work with a cross-functional team to prototype, implement, and iterate on features that will delight our players and hit our goals.
- Communicate game system concepts, implementation processes, risks, and interactions.
- Positively identify and pitch new game systems, content, and feature improvements.
- Be available for on-call troubleshooting for game configuration issues.
- Broad knowledge of successful games and products in the Pokémon franchise or collection genre and the ability to speak to what made them successful.
- Passion for video games; an avid gamer with a solid understanding of mobile games.
- Experience with game balance and pacing in a free-to-play economic model.
- Expertise with spreadsheets and in manipulating, summarizing, and maintaining large data sets.
- Have worked on high profile game with a significant amount of daily active users.
- 2+ years designing digital games.
- Experience with AR games or features.
- Experience with prototyping data models.
- Proficiency in Unity game development.
- Proficiency in scripting or tools writing
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.