Game Designer (New Product)
Moskva, Город Москва, Russia
13 days ago
Wargaming Mobile Studio, responsible for World of Tanks Blitz development and operations, is looking for a Game Designer to shape the direction of a new mobile multiplayer hero shooter with a third-person view and bring it to life!
In this role, you will take charge of hands-on design of meta-game and progression systems and concepts of the product.
Our game is built on a game as a service model, to deliver content to our community for years to come and use some elements of MOBA gameplay.
You will design and develop a brand-new gaming experience together with an awesome multicultural team, combining experienced western design leadership, World of Tanks Blitz veterans, and top-class talent from around the world.
We are really happy to consider candidates worldwide, being quite flexible with regard to different locations: the core international team is based in Belarus (Minsk), permanent employment in Moscow or Berlin is also possible, and you can join our distributed team remotely from your location!
Are you up for the challenge? Please, apply!
What will you do?
- Be the “how-to” voice for the project of how best to execute the core concepts of the new product design in a way that fits the studio’s capabilities and talents, including hands-on designing of some key features and systems yourself
- Conceptualize and create detailed game design documentation
- Design, implement and maintain meta-game and economic systems such as multiplayer matchmaking, ranking systems, player customization systems, battle passes, reward systems
- Balance internal game economy based on realistic content production plans
- Make models to simulate game economy behavior
- Work closely with the engineering team to spec and build design tools to enable the content creators to iterate quickly
- Work collaboratively with the game director and leadership team to deliver thrilling, high-quality product
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years’ industry experience in game design roles, including at least one product shipped in a senior game designer role
- Game design credits on at least one live service/game-as-a-service title in the midcore/hardcore action game sphere
- Game design credits on at least one high-quality mobile title in the midcore/hardcore action game sphere
- Ability to work with existing game engines like Unreal or Unity highly preferred
- Proven creative and analytical skills with the ability to write detailed design documentation and update and adapt that design based on playtests, user feedback, and development opportunities
- Strong mathematics skills
- Intermediate of higher level of English: enough to pass job interview, enough to participate in daily meetings and discussions with English-speaking colleagues in your team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- A true team player
- A tireless, progressive, critical thinker who can develop solutions to overcome the obstacles and challenges that new game development provides
About Wargaming Mobile
Wargaming Mobile is a division of Wargaming focused on mobile game development and publishing. Our single priority is delivering top-class mobile experiences to be enjoyed by millions all over the world. World of Tanks Blitz and World of Warships Blitz have achieved just that, while our studios in Berlin, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Moscow, and the aforementioned Minsk one are busy working on several new unannounced projects.