Game Designer - Near Light
1 day ago
We are looking for a Game Designer to help bring our unannounced next-gen VR game to life at Near Light. You will be collaborating with a talented team to help us explore, create, and deliver innovative software.
If you are someone who sees the potential in VR, we want to hear from you! Apply yourself to the studio’s goal of trail-blazing fresh, creative and immersive uses of every discipline, to converge on truly innovative games and experiences.
We’ve got an exciting vacancy for a talented Game Designer to become a key member of the design team. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and iterating on virtual environments that captivate players with compelling traversal and combat opportunities, from early concept and white box all the way through to completion for inclusion in our upcoming AAA-quality VR games.
- Through best practices and cross-discipline collaboration, design and deliver memorable and highly engaging levels that support the core mechanics and vision of the game.
- Implement interactive level elements and iterate on them to reach the highest quality through peer feedback and user testing.
- Own the creation of levels from blockout to final, but also contribute beyond level design to improve the overall player experience and help to drive the vision of the game forward.
- Constructively critique your own work and that of other team members; inspiring a high standard for level design, maximising workflow efficiency and pushing quality benchmarks.
- Work closely with our project leads to effectively plan, manage and deliver your work on schedule.
Who are we looking for?
- A passionate, creative Game Designer with a strong attention to detail and clear understanding of level design principles, concepts and best practices, from linear narrative mission structures to competitive multiplayer arenas.
- Someone with demonstrable experience and expertise using Unreal Engine to create rich and compelling game worlds from concept to completion, as well as the initiative, personal drive and organisation skills to deliver excellent results on time.
- An effective written and verbal communicator, with excellent documentation and presentation skills, able to convey abstract concepts succinctly and effectively.
- A true team player, able to work collaboratively as part of a multidiscipline team and with the aptitude to effectively critique their own and others work, respectfully.
- A keen gamer with their finger on the pulse of the latest and greatest game experiences, in and out of VR.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and shipping AAA titles are both advantageous.
Who we are -
We are Near Light, an award-winning developer delivering world-leading interactive VR experiences. We are the latest studio to join the VR Developer & Publisher company that is nDreams.
Near Light is looking for new team members who can help shape our next-generation VR games. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, genders and experience levels to apply for this role.
Why Near Light?
Our growing studio shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and defining the future of VR. We encourage an open, creative, and diverse culture, empower people to explore their ideas and put their stamp on projects. With humble beginnings as an independent studio of our own, we combine big projects and opportunities with a personal, caring touch.
We have the small, inclusive, and open creative atmosphere of a start-up, with the experience and backing of the team behind Shooty Fruity, Fracked, and #1 Selling, Award-winning Phantom: Covert Ops. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to the culture of a growing studio and be at the heart of both a new team and project right from the start.
Based in-house at our Brighton studio and offering great perks, including flexible hours, duvets days, your birthday off, dedicated personal development time and support, and regular socials and parties. Beyond this, there’s an excellent holiday offering, pension scheme, health insurance, life cover and much more.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.