This job might no longer be available.
Game Designer (Mobile)
Shanghai Shanghai cn
14 days ago
Ubisoft Shanghai Studio is looking for experienced Game Designer (Mobile) to join our team and help develop new and exciting mobile casual games to expand Ubisoft library of titles.
About the role:
WeChat's mini-gaming platform has been open to developers for nearly 2 years, and Ubisoft has established a strategic partnership with WeChat, inspiring the launch of Ubisoft's IP and high-quality games, to enhance the player's understanding and experience of Ubisoft products;
WeChat Mini Game Designer will be responsible for designing the core game play of WeChat mini-games, adding game balanced systems, mechanisms and contents, to increase the number of new players and increase player engagement, retention, and monetization.
Work closely with producers, programmers, artists and QC, during the game development, publishing, and operations circle.
What you will do:
· Design core gameplay and key features:
o Through the team brainstorming, gather team members' ideas, propose a simple pitch which include, including simple and clear game settings, game loop, camera, control, and character;
· Participate in developing and improve consistently the game experience for WeChat users:
o Provide more detailed design direction for programmers and art, such as game logic, difficulty level and procession, upgrade system, purchase system, etc.
o Use all method (ex: deep dived tracking, observing real player experience, AB testing), to track and analyze player’s behavior, balancing and adjusting the game to increase player’s retention;
o Monetization design to increase game revenue;
o Strengthen the product's social experience, design sharing features, and multi-player mode;
o Design user interface and tutorials;
o Play and test each version, to review of the content quality;
· Participate in the post-launch version iteration:
o Track the data after the game goes live, more market feedback, optimize and adjust the game's settings
o Design new content
o Create and maintain files for all aspects of the game
· Research industry trends, such as new game categories, planning design methods and game themes
o Study and analyze design cases for successful games
o Summary and improvement of the successful development of WeChat mini-game design guid
What you should be equipped with:
- Like to play games and have a passion for making games
- At least 2 years of game planning experience, leisure and social game planning experience
- Simple, effective UI design for casual user base
- Experience working on game documentation, including creating tools such as Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator/Visio/Excel/Wiki/Jira
- Learn about the character of small game Chinese hand gamers and small gamers
- Have a certain understanding of the principles of availability
- Experience with monetization, game balance, social functions, and reward mechanisms
- Have a strong motivation to take on the tasks required to complete a project
- Have a certain understanding of statistics and analysis
- Have game script language experience, you can make your own simple game demo
What you will also get:
- An international working environment
- FUN Culture
- Lots of love from your colleagues!
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2016-17 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,460 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com