Game Designer - Mobile
Montreal QC ca
15 days ago
Behaviour Interactive is seeking a talented game designer to work on our next wave of successful F2P titles on mobile platforms. As a game designer, you will work within the design team to conceptualize new features, create desirable collectible content, balance progression systems, and provide creative writing for an upcoming action mobile game based on a popular brand. You will coordinate with the other disciplines of the team and clearly communicate your vision and follow through the implementation of your work into the game and ensure its quality.
Ideally, you have experience in console or mobile game development, a strong understanding of free-to-play design, and a passion for creating fun and exciting experiences for players.
- Conceptualize virtual content such as weapons, gear, items, characters, and other collectibles that fit within established gameplay rules and features
- Collaborate as a member of the Game Design team by providing feedback and input on the depth of features, player motivations, and narrative structure
- Establish stats, effects, and attributes for the above content and assist in balancing
- Assist in the creation of the first-time user experience flow
- Provide creative writing for character dialogues, story, and missions that respect and expand upon the brand and lore
- Assist Product Managers in creating thematically enticing Live Events for players, that further deepen the game’s story
- Create and update detailed design documentation for game features
- Provide time estimates, upon request
- A passion for making and playing F2P games, and a good understanding of mobile game design
- 3+ years of game industry experience as a designer with a strong understanding of game and systems design
- Shipped at least one mobile title in a design role
- Thorough understanding of game design fundamentals and game theory on how to craft an enjoyable experience and content
- Ability to write detailed design documents and presentations
- Solid mathematical skills accompanied by a strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Able and willing to adapt to constant changes
- Creative writing based on a well-established brand
- Excellent ability to communicate in spoken and written English
- Ability to communicate in French is a plus
- Experience with Unity Engine and related tools is a plus
- Experience working on a live game is a plus
A portfolio is required with your application.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.