Game Designer, Mobile
14 days ago
Job Title:Game Designer, Mobile
Job Title: Game Designer, Mobile
Reporting To: Executive Producer, Design
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Welcome to Activision Mobile. We’re a new in-house studio, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world. Our first project is a new AAA mobile title in the Call of Duty franchise and we’re looking for great talent from mobile, console and PC backgrounds passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We’re incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special.
Activision Publishing is currently seeking an experienced Game Designer to work on a new mobile title. We are looking for a multi-talented game designer with the ability to create and operate well-crafted meta game features with a large-scale live ops scope. You will work directly with Lead Game Designer and Executive Producer to conceptualize, implement, and maintain features in the Meta and Social layers of the game. Previous experience working with or leading a team of designers while being responsible for the live operations initiatives of a successful title is highly desirable.
- Work with the Lead Game Designer and Executive Producer to distill the creative and product direction into functional designs.
- Conceptualize, document and develop complex systems fluidly throughout all game layers (Core, Meta and Social)
- Hold the vision for a feature from concept, to release and live operation.
- Communicate efficiently and rally a multidisciplinary team behind your design concepts.
- Work with artists, engineers, animators and audio experts to bring innovative features to a large player audience.
- Perform post release analysis, generate insights and make recommendations to guide future development.
- 3+ years of experience as a game designer OR 3+ shipped titles in a role that designed and drove feature development, preferably FPS.
- 3+ years of experience as a mobile game designer on F2P games.
- Extensive feature and systems design experience.
- Full ownership of complete mobile-first game features from concept to delivery with proven success.
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Ability to dissect games to identify what makes them successful or unsuccessful.
- Strong documentation skills (show your organizational skills through your design docs)
COVID-19 Hiring Update : While our Mobile Studio is based in Santa Monica, CA, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Activision Mobile is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focusing on both publishing and live-operations for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a mobile studio like no other. Developing in collaboration with Activision studios around the world, work on a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise has begun.
It takes the industry’s best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people producing greatness together. We’re looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we do.
We’re highly collaborative, relaxed, and deadly serious about creating incredible entertainment for passionate players around the world. We approach mobile development as a craft, and our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got you covered!
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.