Game Designer (Mid/Senior)
15 days ago
A bit about the role:
Guild of Guardians is a mobile multiplayer, fantasy, and action RPG where you would build dream teams of Guardians to conquer and complete dungeons to earn epic rewards. We are looking to pave the way for a new generation of gaming - playing and earning, and also providing digital asset ownership to the players.
Discovery, challenges, and rewards are some of the most critical aspects of every game. As such, Guild of Guardians is currently looking for a Game Designer (Mid/Senior) to own the design for secondary content and features and manage the design efforts from our development partner Stepico as they grow in size and complexity.
You will be responsible for creating, implementing, and iterating on every system and feature within the game. The actions you’ll take will directly affect the rate at which our players and investors will engage with our content. You’ll be pivotal for meeting the product and design goals for Guild of Guardians,
We expect you to be responsible for all aspects referenced below and to report to the Lead Game Designer. You should have a passion for gaming and have experience designing the traditional gaming systems we’re looking to free players from.
Come help us pave the way for blockchain-based gaming to become mainstream and make digital worlds real.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a highly experienced team on one of the world’s first blockchain RPGs. Solve never before solved game design challenges as we work together to create a truly groundbreaking gaming experience.
- Own the day to day design for multiple features and gameplay improvements.
- Collaborate a team of designers and developers to successfully implement new features and content
- Write design documents and help plan development under the direction of the lead designer.
- Balance game mechanics to provide players with a industry defining play-and-earn experience
We would love you to have:
- 5 years of experience in Game Design or similar such as Systems Design, Gameplay Design, Content Design, and Live-Operations within the gaming industry
- Experience in managing or directing small design teams
- More than 4 games launched to your credit
- Experience working with mobile titles
- At least 3 years prior experience and knowledge of F2P or MMO Game Designer experience
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Worked on a mobile/mobile RPG or Gacha title
- Interest or rudimentary knowledge of cryptocurrency basics
- Game Design degree and qualifications
Some of the things we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Flexible working life and $750 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our new, shiny, Sydney office the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $750 contribution
- Paid Parental Leave: We celebrate our growing Immutable family!
- Employee Assistance Program: A 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
- EOY and Birthday Leave: You can enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at EOY and a paid day off for your birthday
- Internet and Phone Allowance: $900 annually to put towards your mobile and internet expenses
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. You’ll get access to thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers. Immutable will also contribute between $1500-$2000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
- Wellness Benefits: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. We will contribute $1200 annually to put towards anything that contributes to your mental or physical wellbeing
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community for everyone. We’ve joined the Project F initiative aimed at removing the systemic barriers to achieving gender-balanced technology teams
- Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Ideal office location: On-top of the Apple store on King Street, Sydney, CBD
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
A bit about us:
Unique blockchain assets (“NFTs”) have grown in popularity rapidly over the past few months. These unique assets allow people to own anything from in-game items to digital art to music and financial instruments. However, they are highly illiquid: transactions take minutes or hours to confirm, and Ethereum can process fewer than 5 NFTs per second for the whole world combined.
To solve this problem for ourselves and for others, we have built Immutable X, a next-generation protocol for trading blockchain assets with instant trade confirmation, massive scalability, and no gas fees without compromising user custody. The goal of Immutable X is to help businesses scale their creation and trading of these unique assets (“NFTs”).
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.