Game Designer (Melee Scripter - Temporary Assignment)
8 days ago
Game Designer (Melee Scripter-Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
- Coordinating, implementing, and owning melee systems in coordination with AI behaviors
- Collaborating with the Design team to conceptualize, prototype, implement, tune, and balance melee systems
- Communicate with animation, audio, programming, and art departments to effectively produce the assets and code support required for melee systems or set-ups
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Significant programming ability (Computer Science undergraduate degree preferred)
- Proficient 3D math skills
- Minimum 2 years games industry experience, ideally some experience with third-person melee systems
- Experience with C++, C#, Lua, or other scripting language
- Enjoy playing melee games and can speak in a detailed way about their design and animation principles
- Able to write clean reusable code and handle complex interactions between systems
- Self-starter with excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Willingness to take design direction when offered, brainstorm, iterate and come up with fun and creative solutions
- Maya experience with game animation
- Knowledge of fighting and melee action games, and what makes them different
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to complete a design test.