This job might no longer be available.
Game Designer - Madden
12 days ago
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
The Challenge Ahead:
This Game Designer position will work directly on Madden content. Reporting to the team Producer and Development Director, the Designer will maintain and balance the core and meta-game while creating and implementing live service ideas and features to entertain our players.
What a Designer does at EA:
- Support the game vision as set by the Creative Director and Product Owner.
- Maintain all design aspects of a game-as-service through the entire project life cycle.
- Create engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining EA SPORTS’ high standard of quality.
- Balance game with consideration to fun gameplay, player acquisition, monetization, and engagement.
- Retain original IP’s core brand values and game experience in the service.
- Inspire game team through progressive, creative design.
- Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods, and latest platforms
The next great EA Live Services Designer needs:
- 2+ year’s industry experience specifically in game design or quality assurance.
- Knowledge of the NFL. Its players and teams will be your playground.
- Experience creating and implementing game concepts using different tools.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for sports gaming
- Experience troubleshooting problems and discovering solutions either individually or with a team
- Experience with Live Service mechanics, theories, and implementation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent considered