Game Designer (Live Content)
21 days ago
HB Studios is a driving force in the creation of sports games and the studio behind PGA TOUR 2K Golf – presently working on PC and Consoles. We have an opportunity for a Game Designer (Live Content) who is knowledgeable about golf, and passionate about the art of game development to join our team.
As a Game Designer with a focus on game content and Live Ops, you will work with a team of professionals designing and developing one of the fastest growing sports game franchises in the industry!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with feature owners to understand existing game systems, and drive plans and implementation of content to support those features.
- Author and maintain the playable gameplay-, event-, and objective-based content needed to fuel a thoughtful, and engaging player experience.
- Shepherd features through implementation, focusing on hands-on work; including playtesting, tuning, data entry, content creation, and scripting.
- Consider all contributions through a design-critical lens to identify, report, and address any impactful issues to the game’s overall design.
- Provide feedback on all aspects of the design and development processes to improve the ultimate quality and success of the game.
- Conceive and communicate ideas while effectively soliciting and managing feedback during pre-production, prototyping, development, and Live Ops.
- Contribute to our growing philosophy of game design and how we make games.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Typically, a minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in Game Design.
- A strong grasp on the game of golf, the world of professional golf, and PGA TOUR.
- A solid understanding of technical and production aspects of game development.
- Proficiency with common game development software and tools.
- Self-motivated individual with a desire to explore, research, grow, and become a go-to subject-matter expert in areas of need.
- Experience with live service games is a plus.
- Unity game engine and scripting experience considered a plus.
- One-or-more shipped games—especially on consoles—also a plus.
We believe the ideal candidate is a creative person with a love for game design, and hunger to deliver high-quality, inviting, and engaging golf experiences through video games. We value a proven ability to breakdown game issues, mechanics, or concepts into lay terms and share views on game-specific issues in a constructive manner. We are seeking both detail-minded, and big-picture persons, who work well with others and consider all forms of feedback.
We encourage applicants with varied perspectives and backgrounds and believe they are the foundation to a strong team. If you are interested in joining HB Studios, please apply today!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hb-studios.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.