This job might no longer be available.
Game Designer, Level Design
14 days ago
Uken builds games that people everywhere love. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and Jeopardy! World Tour are the top 2 trivia games, engaging millions of global players every month. In 2020, Uken released Ava’s Manor, a solitaire game where users renovate and decorate the manor while discovering mysterious clues and dabbling in a romantic love story. Uken’s foray into narrative games is an exciting opportunity for the company.
We consider our Ukenites to be data-driven designers, technologists, and artists. Through collaboration, we pair the craft of design with feedback and data to deliver a pace and rhythm in each game session that immerses our audience and engages them for years. We have a quirky, nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, innovation, and a data-driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries but with a focus on practical use.
Uken is looking for a talented Junior Game Designer, Level Design who is keen on applying their skills towards working on an exciting new mobile game title. We're looking for someone who loves games and is up to date on the latest mobile game and tech industry trends. This position will be working directly with developers and designers to design levels and balance game features.
As a Ukenite, you'll be working on meaningful things like:
- Designing levels that carefully introduce new gameplay mechanics in natural ways
- Conceptualizing game ideas and mechanics in detail
- Prototyping and testing new mechanics and systems
- Working closely with developers and artists to implement ideas
- Using player behavior to adjust existing levels as necessary and inform the design of new levels
Your background should include:
- At least 1 year of experience as a Level Designer on a casual Puzzle or Solitaire title, or 3 years experience as a Game Designer
- Proven game design talents and excellent knowledge of free to play game mechanics
- The ability to relay visual information to the user in an intuitive and aesthetically pleasing manner
- The ability to think through and document designs resulting in cohesive feature specs
- An appetite to learn, grow and take on increasingly more responsibility
It's a big plus if you...
- Have experience building and managing game models in spreadsheets
- Can communicate product design and paint a picture with data
- Have experience working with Unity
What's in it for you?
- You’ll be equipped with a high-end PC or laptop
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Fully catered lunch, breakfast, and a snack filled kitchen (in-office)
- Uken social nights including mixers, game night, and more - we take entertainment seriously!
- Office-based or home-based work options
- Convenient location in the heart of downtown Toronto Front & John St.
At Uken, we believe there is power in diversity and strive for a diverse, inclusive, and accessible environment. Our ongoing innovative journey relies on each Ukenite to be different. All qualified applicants will be assessed equally regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual attraction, gender identity, or expression, and would not face discrimination based on disability.
Uken is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.