Game Designer - League, Teamfight Tactics
Los Angeles, California, United States
6 days ago
Game Designers at Riot understand how to contribute to world class teams to deliver great products to players. We focus on well-defined problem spaces and small features to make improvements to the product. Furthermore, we aim to broadly understand the players we serve as we craft features.
As a Game Designer on Teamfight Tactics , you will report into the Senior Game Design Manager. You will understand, design, optimize, and communicate the player experience. Your analytical skills, player empathy, and creativity help craft in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, contributing and translating feedback to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that will delight millions around the world.
- Work with a diverse team of developers to build new content and features for League of Legends to deliver on Riot’s strategic goals
- Represent player experience and needs in discussion
- Openly share work in critiques and seek feedback from other designers
- Use existing design principles to help deliver high quality work. Help identify new principles and frameworks to aid future design.
- Deconstruct complex problems into manageable sized chunks
- Help draft messages to players, sharing context on design plans and rationale
- 2+ years of experience in a Game Design role or similar experience.
- You can apply and execute an analytical approach to design. You identify what creates interesting gameplay, what’s appealing to players and why things work. You’re able to translate lessons from one genre to another.
- You’re capable of identifying a problem, generating a range of solutions to it, and identifying the most appropriate one. You’re then able create and communicate the details of that proposed solution.
- You work well with others, and are exemplary at sharing and seeking feedback
- You deeply understand and communicate player needs, especially around deep strategy experience, player decision making, and creating exciting spectator experiences.
- You have a strong understanding of current gaming tastes and trends in the global market
- You can clearly articulate the goals of your project to both designers and non-designers, along with the rationale behind how you execute on those goals
- Your work is internally coherent, thematic where appropriate and trades off different values against each other as needed to accomplish team goals
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).