Game Designer (Junior or Senior )
11 days ago
We're a seed-series startup, backed by top investors including YCombinator, Paul Graham, Pioneer fund, Goodwater Capital (partner - ex COO & President of Activision) GFR Fund and several more.
Roforco is building a game publisher on Roblox. We help indie creators bring their vision to life, bigger and better by combining their games with our professional resources, skills and industry proven best practices.
Roforco has already developed and published 6 games, totalling 63m play sessions and around 120k DAU. We've created a top 50 game and average a 90% like ratio across our portfolio. In 2022, we worked with brands such as Unilever, Sunsilk and Cosmopolitan.
Roblox has millions of players and global reach, but the lack of an early stage publisher means developers with incredible ideas can't create new, innovative games. Roforco's mission is to enabled developers to turn their ideas into hit games by bringing professionalism and AAA techniques to indie Roblox studios.
Above all, your main goal as a game designer at Roforco is to create an exciting, fun, atmospheric experience for our players, and to guide the vision of the game within the team. However, your role is varied as sometimes you may be more focused on other necessary tasks, such as analytics or Game Design Document creation.
- Conceptualising, implementing, and maintaining all elements of gameplay, to achieve a fulfilling flow state, addictive game loops, and a risk/reward balance
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation (such as Game Design Documents, analysis, diagrams, and visual mockups)
- Collaborating across disciplines with teams on engineering, art and storytelling to create exciting, innovative and engaging experiences
- Using and collecting data or player feedback to iterate and improve the gameplay experience
- 2+ years of work as a Game Designer
- A strong portfolio of work
- Past game design document creation
- A passion for video games and a wide-ranging knowledge of gaming trends
- Strong creative skills and ability to analyse gameplay systems with critical judgement
- Task driven with a problem-solving attitude and capable of working on your own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including brainstorming and presenting
- A creative, agile and player-first mindset, demonstrating you understand and can act as a champion for our audience, developing ideas with their needs in mind
Nice to have
- An understanding of Roblox
- Previous experience working in a remote team
- Junior: 40-60k p/a
- Senior: 60-80k/p/a
We're a startup with a big vision. Naturally, that means each person individually plays a huge role and has a wide influence. It also means we work quickly, so being able to be flexible and keep up is key (even if your responsibilities or skills shift from those outlined above).
Extra details can be found on LinkedIn > https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3367592721/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.