Game Designer III - Teamfight Tactics, Gameplay
5 days ago
Game designers at Riot design and improve the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity help craft in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with devs from all disciplines and work with every tool at hand to create and polish player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
As part of the Teamfight Tactics design group, you could be responsible for building the game’s champions, traits, and abilities for players to enjoy and master. Or you could create fresh and exciting new game modes and devise new ways to reward and delight players for the challenges they overcome. This position reports to the gameplay design manager.
- Collaborate with design leadership and the wider design team to improve the game experience across many releases.
- Develop the craft skills to serve as the design lead of a future TFT set.
- Build champion and trait content for TFT sets, with opportunities to contribute to new modes, events, and rewards that surprise and delight players
- Mentor junior designers to level up their design skills.
Successful candidates will need…
- …5+ years of professional game design experience or equivalent.
- …capacity to grow into a design thought leader on the team.
- …empathy and understanding with respect to many different player audiences and needs.
- …the willingness to give and receive nuanced positive and critical feedback.
- …the capacity to learn how to use design tools to prototype and build gameplay content within Riot’s tech base.
Bonus XP for…
- …experience designing mobile games
- …practice giving detailed mentorship and feedback to other designers on their teams
- …previous experience as a design lead or equivalent craft leadership
- …deep familiarity with the auto-battler genre
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.