Game Designer III, Gameplay - Legends of Runeterra
11 days ago
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game (CCG) featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. We're looking to hire several Game Designers at multiple levels!
As a Game Designer III on our Gameplay Initiative, you'll report directly to the gameplay design lead and be front and center in defining the direction of our game. You will design and improve the gameplay experience through the lens of content: cards! Your analysis, player insight, and creativity will help create in-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to design and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
- Understand the relevant audiences for the game, and from this, calibrate your design expertise to reflect appropriate taste for these audiences
- Use data and sense-making to identify opportunities to improve the health of the game through cards
- Articulate and consider a scope and depth of possible solutions, including possible effects, and collaboratively reach the best solution
- Discover solutions conceptually through rapid prototyping
- Implement card content with our scripting tools
- Improve existing design frameworks, our approaches to design, and create new ones
- Work with other designers, insights, product, narrative and art to provide the best holistic solutions
- Openly share work and seek feedback from other developers. Combine co-worker and player feedback to calibrate design direction
- At least 5 years experience as a professional game designer
- Broad mechanics and systems design ability
- Demonstrated experience tuning and balancing strategy games
- Knowledge of CCGs and their features
- Experience with scripting languages making content
- Experience working with or playing PvP strategy games
- Experience developing a competitive or multiplayer game
- Experience managing direct reports or mentoring others
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).