Game Designer II, Maps - VALORANT
2 months ago
As a Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity help craft in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to improve and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here! ). As a Game Designer II working on the VALORANT team you will help Riot build a brand new AAA title. You will design features, maps, and systems for VALORANT. You will report to the Senior Game Design Manager of the Project.
- Design maps that delight and satisfy players' needs for competition
- Work with other disciplines to build features that meet product goals
- Seek opportunities for new design spaces in collaboration with Product Managers and Design Leadership
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options
- Playtest VALORANT and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes
- 3+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA+ online competitive game
- Can create complex systems with attention to the player impacts and downstream effects
- Deep level of understanding, passion, and engagement with online competitive games
- Familiarity with online shooters, especially VALORANT or tactical shooters
- Experience working on maps for competitive shooters
- Views potential 'charged' player feedback as an opportunity to better understand and improve the product
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).