This job might no longer be available.
Game Designer II (Gameplay) - Legends of Runeterra
14 days ago
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game (CCG) featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. On our team, we’re looking for Game Designers at multiple levels to design experiences!
As a Game Designer on our Gameplay Initiative, you'll report directly to the gameplay design lead and be front and center in defining the direction of our game. You will design and improve the gameplay experience through the lens of content: cards! Your analysis, player insight, and creativity will help craft in-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to design and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
- Understand the relevant audiences for the game, and from this, calibrate your design expertise to reflect appropriate taste for these audiences
- Use data and sense-making to identify opportunities to improve the health of the game through cards
- Articulate and consider a scope and depth of possible solutions, including possible effects, and collaboratively reach the best solution
- Discover solutions conceptually through rapid prototyping
- Implement card content with our scripting tools
- Improve existing design frameworks, our approaches to design, and create new ones
- Work with other designers, insights, product, narrative and art to provide the best holistic solutions
- Openly share work and seek feedback from other developers. Combine co-worker and player feedback to calibrate design direction
- At least 3 years experience as a professional game designer
- Broad mechanics and systems design ability
- Demonstrated experience tuning and balancing strategy games
- Knowledge of CCGs and their features
- Experience with scripting languages making content
- Experience working with or playing PvP strategy games
- Experience developing a competitive or multiplayer game
- Experience managing direct reports or mentoring others
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).