Game Designer II, Characters - VALORANT
6 months ago
As a Game Designer, you will design and improve the player experience. Your player insight and creativity help create in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to improve and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here !). As a Game Designer working on the VALORANT team you will help us build and deliver a brand new AAA title. You’ll be part of the design team for Agents, using novel ideas and technical scripting skills to make exciting new characters that improve the game! You will report to the Design Manager.
- Design gameplay content - including agents and occasional systems work.
- Work within established parameters to create new Agent gameplay opportunities, and see them through from creation to completion.
- Improve ways to add to the tactical landscape of the gameplay
- Work with artists, producers, QA and engineers to create cohesive Agents for players to experience
- Scripting and Blueprint creation and maintenance for assigned content
- Improve and balance existing Agents to improve experience and game health
- Create clear design documentation that can be evaluated and implemented by non-designers
- 3+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA+ online competitive game
- Can create complex systems with attention to the player impacts and downstream effect
- Deep familiarity with FPS games or competitive games
- At least one shipped title as a Game Designer
- Deep / high-ranked play within the competitive or tactical shooter genres
- Scripting, modding or other technical skills
- Can balance the tension between game balance and excitement when generating content
- Ability to predict outcomes of game design decisions on players
- Can use existing frameworks to develop novel solutions and reverse-engineer designs
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).