This job might no longer be available.
Game Designer I
11 days ago
This design position will be working on our EA Sports titles. The designer will maintain and balance the core and meta-game while creating, prototyping, and implementing gameplay features.
What a Designer does at EA:
- Deliver on the game vision as set by the Creative Director and Product Owner.
- Maintain all design aspects of a game-as-service through the entire project life cycle.
- Create innovative and engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining EA SPORTS’ high standard of quality.
- Balance game with consideration to fun gameplay, player acquisition, monetization, and engagement.
- Retain original IP’s core brand values and game experience within the service at all times.
- Communicate game design clearly and concisely.
- Inspire game team through progressive, creative design.
- Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods, and emerging platforms
The next great EA Designer - Gameplay needs:
- 5+ year’s industry experience specifically in game design.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools and technology.
- Broad knowledge of, and passion for, the casual, mobile, or sports game genres.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for sports gaming
- Excellent creative, analytical, and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the project life cycle.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic, and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Thorough understanding of gameplay theories and interface design ability
- Superior communication skills with experience presenting visions both verbally and on paper.
- Professional experience with fitness or wellness or hardcore personal interest
- 3+ years minimum experience in a similar role
- Results orientated with strong documentation skills