Game Designer (Features)
17 days ago
We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer to help us create a new and exciting story-driven Match 3 game. This is a very important project for us and you will play a pivotal role on a growing team of incredibly talented game designers, engineers, writers, artists, data scientists, producers, and more!
Working closely with the Lead Designer and other team stakeholders, you will:
- Design and refine features for a genre-defining Match 3 game that has a complex mystery, and a cast of diverse and compelling characters
- Conceive exciting new features and write feature specs that communicate your vision to other team disciplines
- Get to know our players and what motivates them, then use that knowledge to create features that delight and entertain them!
- Analyze player data to make sound design decisions, and improve game engagement, retention and monetization.
- Manage the entire feature lifecycle from exploration to live iteration.
- Contribute to a genre-defining narrative world by creating features that support the complex story
- Make sure new features integrate effectively with the narrative experience, game systems, economy, events, and monetization plans
- Collaborate with product managers and others to create engaging events for a varied live ops schedule.
- Learn our Narrative Design tools and help create memorable story scenes
- You have 3+ years of professional feature design experience (narrative design experience is a plus!)
- Your resume includes several multi-platform mobile F2P games, ideally in the Puzzle or Match 3 genres
- You are comfortable analyzing data, and adept at making KPI-driven feature and game experience improvements
- You can set scope and quality for a live game that has frequent content releases
- You are familiar with the various stages of game production, and live game releases
- You consistently strive to grow your design skills, improve yourself professionally, and increase team creativity and productivity
- You can gather player feedback from usability tests and other sources, impartially evaluate the data, act on it, and then share your findings with other stakeholders
- You speak fluent English
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!