Game Designer (Cinematic) - 6 month fixed-term
Guildford, United Kingdom
1 year ago
We are looking for Game Designers to join the team at Supermassive, to help craft our latest branching narrative games.
This role is part of a team responsible for creating compelling scenes, interactions and building cinematic sequences to clear specifications with excellent pacing using propriety tools, logic controls and animation data.
You’ll need to be conﬁdent around Unreal Engine and have some familiarity with scripting languages and visual programming tools.
The position is in-house at Supermassive Games in Guildford.
- Create the moment to moment flow and logic for branching narratives
- Block out game play in white-box levels
- Translate prototypes into game ready logic and iterate them to quality
- Script cinematic sequences, integrate animation data, instantiate cameras and other game elements and interactions
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability with Unreal and experience in the various Unreal tools, including those for level building, creation of cinematic sequences and scripting languages
- Demonstrate experience of a collaborative approach to game making, showing how you worked together with the other disciplines/team members to realize the best possible game play experience
- The ability to balance and adjust game content based on feedback
- A logical approach and solid problem solving skills
- A basic knowledge of cinematography and editing
- Quick to adapt to proprietary software, workflows, pipelines and tools
Other Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- A portfolio of game work that speaks to our key requirements
- At least one year of design experience in a team, working on a published game
- Previous game or film experience working on sequences and cutscenes
- A passion for making games driven by narrative
- Experience with staging action-oriented and dramatic sequences
- The desire and knowledge to push for quality in collaboration with your team
You also need to be
- An excellent communicator with a proactive approach when seeking answers
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Self-motivated team player
- Proficient at technical problem solving