This job might no longer be available.
Game Designer, Final Design
Irvine, CA, United States
1 month ago
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and passionate individual to serve on the card design team for Hearthstone. For this position, we are considering associates through senior-level candidates. Your position will be determined by your interview and years of experience.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of Hearthstone and other card games, and a longstanding passion for playing video games.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design, redesign, and balance Hearthstone cards and mechanics for all future card expansions.
- Facilitate communication between designers, producers, artists, and engineers to ensure design vision and process are clearly defined and understood.
- Build a wide variety of innovative decks to playtest with.
- Experience playing Hearthstone at an expert level
- Reached Legend rank within Hearthstone multiple times
- Expert Hearthstone deckbuilding experience
- A strong sense of what makes a gameplay experience compelling and fun
- Experience with programming or writing
- Experience in competitive gaming, especially card and strategy games
- Experience as a design lead on a shipped feature or project
Required Application Materials
- Resume (Please include Hearthstone BattleTag)
- Cover Letter
- Design one new Hearthstone card and describe why it would be a good addition to the game.
- Please include examples of any game projects you’ve worked on, either independently or professionally.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.