Game Designer (Camera)
17 days ago
People Can Fly is seeking a talented and passionate camera-minded designer to join our team as a Camera Designer. You will be collaborating across departments to implement cameras that seamlessly transitions between gameplay and cinematics, while also collaborating with the combat team to bring a cinematic quality to our combat flow. You will work side by side with a camera programmer to establish and execute the visual style through cameras and enhance the player’s narrative and gameplay experience.
- You will establish, prototype, and document all dynamic cameras within the gameplay loop
- Take on the role of a “virtual” camera operator with an eye for narrative editing
- Work closely with our gameplay programming team and animation team to achieve smart cinematic cameras that can adjust dynamically to player actions
- Learn to use our customized tools and help further their development to achieve new standards using the in-game camera
- Be willing to work through the creative and technical hurdles of an ever-evolving, intense production pipeline
- A solid understanding of the creative process from conception through post
- Organized and passionate about creating great player experiences
- At least one AAA title shipped where you focused on the camera
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably with cinematography, storyboarding, animation, or photography focus)
- A strong passion for games, film, and pop culture
- Experience and technically proficiency using game engine tools
- Proven ability to understand and execute high quality, realistic camera work
- Ability to quickly pick up new and different creative tools from in-game engines to customized support tools
- Proficient with professional film/fx editing software – Premier, After Effects, Avid, and/or Final Cut knowledge is a bonus
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-player mentality
Nice to have
- Familiarity with UE4 pipelines and the Unreal camera systems
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!