This job might no longer be available.
Game Designer [Anno] (f/m/d)
1 year ago
The Anno series delivers a rich city-building experience and provides players ample opportunities to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare. Our team is now looking for a talented Game Designer (f/m/d) to join us at Ubisoft Mainz in Germany. In this role you will be responsible for developing strong game systems, which define how the game’s content is created, tweaked and managed. The Game Designer will enforce the notion that comprehensible, consistent and elegant systems should form the foundation of how a game works. In collaboration with other designers on your team, you will help to create a feature-heavy but well balanced experience for our players. The core of this role is to build complex systems, which support the creative vision and game play experience we intend for the Anno franchise.
- Create comprehensible, consistent and elegant game systems and drive their development towards the vision laid out by the Game Director and Lead Game Designer while making sure to meet production directives
- Adjust game systems in order to achieve a well balanced game play experience
- Standardize and communicate the systems to the dev team while maintaining clean design documentation
- Ensure effective and clear communication with the dev team through strong visualization of game systems in the form of charts and graphics
- Organize and oversee feature creation processes and propose improvements where necessary
- Minimum 1 year of experience within game design or other relevant experience; ideally working on at least one AAA title
- Very strong understanding of systems, balancing and game play fundamentals
- Great communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong ability to organize and structure his/her own work, to work independently as well as in a team and to drive processes and decisions
- Solid understanding of content creation processes
- Good knowledge of game production pipelines and familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools (such as Perforce, Jira, etc.)
- Good ability to learn and master new tools and techniques
- Able to apply critical and analytical thinking to solve complex challenges
- Basic understanding of scripting/coding is a plus
- Strong verbal and written English skills; German skills are a plus
- Team player with a passion for game mechanics, a positive attitude and a superior motivation to create high quality content
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruits, discounted gym membership, corporate benefits and support for child care
- Free bike rental or lease your own bike
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, your salary expectations and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2.
More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.