Game Designer (3C)
8 days ago
As a Game Designer at Ubi MTL, you will be the creative energy behind a specific set of game systems and mechanics. You provide players with tools to build unique gameplay experiences and opportunities to make meaningful choices.
You go through an iterative, hands-on process of adjusting and balancing your design as you bring it from concept to playability. Throughout production, you shift your focus from the big picture to the micro details; tackling hurdles in development and stepping back to asses how all the pieces connect and affect each other. You tweak and tune until it finally happens: a smooth and engaging player experience emerges.
What you’ll do
- Drive and own the design of AAA quality 3C (character, controls and camera) gameplay features from conception through final product.
- Create new systems and features while balancing and tweaking existing ones.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate your assigned features.
- Develop in-engine prototypes.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, reworking your design when and as often as needed.
- Create and maintain design documentation that will guide interdependent teams.
What you bring
- Experience in video game production. It would be ideal if you had experience with single-player 3rd person action adventure games.
- An ability to recognize great game feel and how to manifest player fantasy into gameplay mechanics.
- Experience with game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) and productivity software (word processors, spreadsheets, etc.)
- An innovative, empathetic, and collaborative spirit
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills (you’re able to clearly explain your thought process on paper and in person)
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- A solid understanding of the market and a passion for video games – you play enough to know what makes quality gameplay!
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- Samples of your work (attach files or send us a link to your demo reel or online portfolio)
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Eric. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.