Game Designer 3C (M/F) - Ubisoft Paris Mobile
7 days ago
We are looking for a 3C Game Designer to realize the complex and interdependent relationship between Controls, Character and Camera on our unannounced AAA Mobile game. As Game Designer in this project, you will create, maintain, and realize design specifications and support your colleagues from other disciplines with the implementation process.
Under the responsibility of the Lead Game Designer, you will work in a studio of 150 people in close collaboration with all the teams, from Programming to Producing, including Quality Control and Design.
In this contexte, your missions will be the following :
- Design, implement, iterate, and maintain 3C systems and features.
- Collaborate across departments to communicate and implement 3C design.
- Create and maintain detailed design documentation, ensuring it is up to date and meet standards.
- Playtest, analyze and iterate on systems and features relating to 3C.
- You have a solid experience of several years in game design and you have shipped at least one successful game;
- You are a generalist game designer with previous experience on at least one 3rd person game where you had to control the Camera (pop-up cameras, gameplay & cutscenes);
- You have a real cinematic feeling and you know the vocabulary of staging;
- Mastery of Unity and its Cinemachine plug-in is a plus;
- You have contemporary knowledge of the Mobile market and you are familiar with the mechanics involved;
- You are able to communicate your ideas on content, provide analysis and comments constructively, both orally and in writing;
- And you are fluent in English (speaking & writing).
Joining Ubisoft Paris Mobile also means :
Living a unique experience...
- Integrate a passionate and committed team
- Participate in one of Ubisoft's most ambitious mobile projects
- Increase your skills and work in an international context
... And benefit from numerous advantages :
- 4 free Ubisoft games per year
- Luncheon Voucher
- Refund of 50% of the transport ticket
- Ticket reduction (concerts/shows)
- Access to the Ubisoft gym at preferential rates
- ... and much more!
This position is available now in Montreuil (France) !
So, convinced? Apply online by attaching your portfolio and we will come back to you soon.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Ubisoft Paris Mobile
At Ubisoft Paris Mobile, we build today the virtual arenas of tomorrow. Mobile games that are both accessible and far-reaching, in which millions of players take each other on and ultimately come together.
In every one of our creations, we put the focus on gameplay. Gameplay must innovate and federate so that as many people as possible can enjoy it, whether as players or spectators. As a result, our games are alive and dazzling. They tell their stories through the seasons. They are devised not only with great enthusiasm, but also with our players.
Striving for excellence involves learning every day: from our players, from our competitors, and from ourselves. Joining Ubisoft Paris Mobile means benefiting from the resources and expertise of the world's third largest independent video games publisher; it means being able to push forward Ubisoft's biggest licenses as part of an agile structure, all through human-sized teams.
Within our studio, we share the same idea of a challenging, compassionate working environment, one that prospers from the wealth of our talents and the diversity of our personalities. More than anything, we firmly believe that only by playing together can we create the best possible experiences.
You will join the studio that has created such successful games as Assassin's Creed Pirates, Smurfs Epic Run, Mighty Quest and the latest Might & Magic Chess Royale (and other unannounced projects).