This job might no longer be available.
Game Design, Summer Intern 2021
4 months ago
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a summer Game Design Intern , you will be a part of a small intern cohort, paired with an experienced Game Design mentor to define our next generation of mobile games. During our 10-week program , our interns are meaningful contributors to our live products, leaving the summer having made a tangible impact on their team while gaining technical and professional skills to set them up for future success!
Note: To be considered, you must be willing to work remotely out of one of the following states through the duration of the 10 week internship program: California, Washington, Colorado, or Texas
What You’ll Do:
- Join an experienced Game Designer on designing and implementing new content for a mass market free-to-play mobile game.
- Collaborate with team members to prototype new game gameplay features.
- Help run playtests of new game elements and collaborate with developers on incorporating feedback into designs.
What You Bring to the Game Design Team:
- Strong intuition for good game mechanics and systems.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Self-organized and self-motivated
- Avid gamer across multiple platforms
- Strong understanding of Unity.
Extra Gems For:
- Experience with version control systems such as Git or Perforce.
- Experience with scripting in Google Sheets or Excel.
- Experience with Photoshop or other graphic editing software.
Other Internship Perks:
- An amazing summer packed with mentorship, networking opportunities, learning & development roundtables, fun intern events (Escape Rooms, Intern Olympics, Jackbox), and of course projects with real business impact.
- Read more about what we’ve been up to here!
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values .
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest an d conviction records.