This job might no longer be available.
Game Design - Level Designer (m/f/d)
8 months ago
At MegaZebra we have successfully crafted category-leading games for more than 10 years. We develop our own original titles, and develop games based on “Hollywood”-IP such as Desperate Housewives - The Game. By combining technology, game-design, art, analytics, and bringing together passionate people from around the globe we have repeatedly been able to produce hit games. We are based in Munich/Germany and Montréal/Canada.
We develop all our games in small and vibrant teams. Each team has a high degree of responsibility and creative freedom for their game and is committed to creating something outstanding. For our studio in the heart of Montréal’s gaming scene, we are now looking for a Level Designer.
- Responsibility for planning and execution of all content updates for current and future cross-platform games (iOS, Android, Facebook)
- Level design and balancing of new content and features in the game
- Optimizing and constant tweaking for revenue optimization
- Preparation and execution of special and seasonal events and promotions
- Ownership of content calendar and releases
- Work closely with Product Managers, Game Analysts and Release Managers
- Deep understanding of free-to-play game mechanics, monetization systems, and game economics
- Experience of shaping and optimizing game balancing and feature design for at least one successfully released casual Mobile or Facebook game
- Knowledge of best practice in casual game design and Games as a Service practices, preferably on Puzzle Games
- Profound mathematical and analytical understanding in a game environment
- Self-organized and self-motivated way of working
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Become part of the company which develops category-leading, casual games on mobile and social platforms
- Work in a highly creative environment with a super-flat hierarchy
- Join our office in Montréal. Work with a very experienced and talented group of game-designers and developers at our centrally located office. Experience start-up spirit and the ability to have significant impact
- At the same time, you will be able to plug into our capabilities as a fully-fledged video-game development studio. MegaZebra has a ten-year track-record developing and publishing our own games. So, you get the best of both worlds
I f you’re a game changer and would like to join MegaZebra, please apply in English with your current CV and a cover letter.