This job might no longer be available.
Game Design Intern (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
7 months ago
We are looking for a Game Designer Intern to join the ranks of our The Settlers Content Design team. This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany).
As a Game Designer Intern, you will add content to the game, create and improve game features. Providing game content that is fun is your highest priority. To achieve this goal, you will be working closely with the rest of the Content Design team, the art department, programmers and colleagues from multiple disciplines all around the world.
- Work as part of the Design team to design, redesign and balance Maps and Units of the game
- Prototype and implement the designs in game while defining the quality metrics to assess their quality
- Facilitate communication between designers, artists and programmers to ensure that the quality and implementation matches the intended direction / vision
- Design the assigned content in line with the project’s vision and quality standards set by the creative director and your lead designer
- Quickly iterate designs to continuously improve the game’s quality
- Work within the game engine tools to add content to the game
- Working closely with the team to ensure that the design specifications are meet the quality expectations of your project
- Focusing on the player experience as the ultimate metric for the quality of any feature and content
- Evaluate player feedback and improve features based on your analysis
- Any workshop or school project representative of industry experience appreciated
- Any degree in game design appreciated
- Understanding of psychological mechanisms that keep players engaged
- A strong sense of what makes gameplay experience compelling and fun
- Solid theoretical and practical Game Design knowledge
- Tools of the trade: Office, flowcharts, Photoshop, level editor
- Intense creativity, a passion to innovate, and the drive to go beyond what is directly asked of you
- Self-motivated and fast learning
- Good communication skills
- Be a team player
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- 24 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "James Cameron's Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Far Cry", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.